Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Staycation

I am looking forward to some much needed down time over the next few days with my family. Fortunately you don't have to travel and spend money to get away. For me, it's as simple as turning off my cell phone and laptop. That will feel glorious this afternoon. My mom and dad are driving up even now from South Carolina. I'll get to see my sister and her family as well. And I have a big (rare) family reunion up north on Saturday. There's nothing like spending time with family and true friends - people who are true and with you through thick and thin - appreciating who you are, what you do, and want to see you grow and succeed - challenging and encouraging at every turn. It' has become surprising to me in the day to day grind how rare that is anymore. Anyway, I will return on Monday. I already have a great deal to write about - including "On Being Wrong" and "The GodBlocker". I will look forward to returning, but I'm not going to think about that now. :)

Peace.

- Lance


No comments:

Post a Comment