"20...Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. 21...He changes times and seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding; 22...He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him. 23...To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for You have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of You, for You have made known to us the king’s matter."
In Daniel's time of darkness, he did 10 things - revealed in this classic prayer:
1) He praised the name of God. - v. 20
2) He recognized God's name is everlasting. - v. 20
3) He trusted in God's wisdom and might. - v. 20
4) He believed in the sovereignty of God in matters pertaining to this world - times, seasons, kings. - v. 21
5) He sought and gained wisdom, knowledge, and might from God. - v. 21, 23
6) He found deep and hidden things were not off limits from God's revelation. - v. 22
7) He knew he didn't need to be afraid of darkness because God even knows what is in the darkness. - v. 22
8) He saw that light dwells with God - dispelling the darkness. - v. 22
9) He remembered his heritage. - v. 23
10) He gave honor and thanks to God for answered prayer. - v. 23
If you're going through a dark time, examine this prayer and find the Light that you need to lead you out.
photo by phoenixdub